So I guess this is my first blog post so I should probably start off by saying hello, so hi, I’m True. I am a high school student, hopeful future actor, self taught sewing enthusiast, and historical costume fangirl. Earlier this year I had the opportunity to go to the Ohio state Thespian Conference and bring an independent event in Costume Construction.
For this I made an Edwardian dress with Simplicity 1517, and was given the highest possible score for what I did.
I’m planning to write a post about the making of the dress itself, and another post about the conference and the experience of doing an independent event. Hopefully a post about the event might help someone as no one from my school had done one in recent memory and going in blind was a pretty scary experience, so I’ll try to share mine.
I did write a review for this pattern that can be found at Pattern Review, but I want to make a post about the process itself and will allow me to go into more detail than just a review could (also I have some other fun stuff like budgets and receipts) and maybe I can clear up an issue or two with this tricky pattern for any future attempts.
All in all, this was a great project to work on, and I learned some important new skills and also had a great time.